The TKI….what is it? How is it Useful?
- Do you regularly avoid people with whom you have a conflict – only to think repeatedly about what you wish you could say?
- Is your style “my way or the highway” when it comes to settling differences with others?
- What is the cost/impact of not managing conflict well (for you, your relationships, and your organization if you are employed by one)?
- Are you ready for a new approach to managing and resolving conflict?
If you said yes to any of these questions or if there is a “cost” to you of not managing conflict well, what you will learn with the TKI can help.
The research-backed TKI is the world’s best-selling assessment for understanding how different conflict-handling styles affect interpersonal and group dynamics. The assessment offers a practical way to initiate safe and non-emotional dialogue to resolve conflict. The TKI can also improve organizational productivity by helping people gain insight into their own and others’ behavior, which in turn, helps them make better choices about outcomes related to conflict.
The TKI will help you . . .
- Clarify which of five conflict management styles (competing, collaborating, compromising, avoiding and accommodating), is your dominant or default style and help you assess how well this style is working for you
- Assess your use of each of the five conflict management styles and better understand how and when each of the styles might be most useful
- Increase your confidence and competence with responding in an “emotionally intelligent” way to managing yourself in conflict situations in your personal and your professional life
There are two parts to working with the TKI assessment:
- The first part is completion of an online set of questions which usually takes about 20 minutes.
- The second part is a follow-up 60 minute coaching/consulting session with either Ginger Ward-Green or David Green.