FIRO-B® — What’s the FIRO-B®?
- For more than 40 years, the Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation-Behavior™ (FIRO-B®) assessment has helped people around the world unlock the mysteries of human interaction at work and in their personal life. Easy to complete, this 54-question assessment quickly gathers critical insights into how an individual’s needs for inclusion, control, and openness can shape his or her interactions with others.
What does it assess?
- We all have different needs for participation, influence, and closeness. These needs influence how we interact with people.
- On the assessment, these three needs are measured in two dimensions: “expressed” behavior (how much we initiate behavior) and “wanted” behavior (how much we prefer others to initiate behavior).
- The FIRO-B® feedback helps us understand the social motivators that influence the behaviors we use and expect others to use in our interactions.
What you learn from taking the FIRO-B® can help you. . .
- Assess your interpersonal needs and the impact of your behavior in the workplace.
- Repair broken relationships and improve already good, functional relationships, unlocking potential in workplace interactions.
- Understand critical data about how people tend to behave toward others and how they want others to behave toward them. This information can be used, for example, to help people improve their interpersonal communication skills and address issues and potential misunderstandings with co-workers.
There are two parts to working with the FIRO-B® assessment
- An online assessment which takes about 30 minutes to complete
- The second part is a follow-up 60 minute coaching/consulting session with either Ginger Ward-Green or David Green.