- This event has passed.
Own Your Own Greatness – Don’t Play Small at Life and Work
October 12, 2017 @ 8:30 am - 12:00 pm$60 – $650
OWN YOUR OWN GREATNESS
DON’T PLAY SMALL AT LIFE AND WORK
A Women’s Business Forum
Note: Postponing this event to 2018 due to conflicting events impacting registration.
Have you ever played small in order to fit in or be accepted?
Do you ever play down your strengths and talents to avoid threatening anyone?
Why Not PLAY BIG?
Join us for this half-day workshop! As a result of attending, women will increase personal and business effectiveness by learning about. . .
- How to assertively present their ideas for managing business problems
- How to lean into conflict and tough conversations with people at all levels of power
- How to develop self-confidence to participate fully and have their voice heard
- How to manage the balance point between wanting to be liked and accepted and getting results
- A model for leadership and self-empowerment that focuses on growth and success
When people PLAY BIG at work, organizations benefit in the following ways . . .
- New ideas get developed more quickly because people feel free to raise them
- Less time is wasted playing internal politics because people own who they are and what they can bring to the table
- Better work products are produced – too often, people have a good idea or criticism but are afraid to raise it
- Better leaders develop – people who constructively challenge leaders make those leaders better and become leaders themselves
Designed to be interactive, this workshop also features presentations by four strong, powerful, respected women leaders in our community who own their own greatness and never (ever) play small. Come to learn from and be inspired by this fabulous panel of speakers . . .
President & CEO
Bangor Region Chamber of Commerce
President, University of Maine
Senior Vice President and Director of Marketing and Community Relations
Bangor Savings Bank
Covenant Health Senior Vice President & President
St. Joseph Healthcare/St. Joseph Hospital
Invest in yourself! Invest in your team!
Invest in developing women leaders in your organization!
Facilitated by Ginger Ward-Green